Human Rights Arts & Film Festival
I began working with the HRAFF team for the Humankind Online Film Festival, a seven-day program of high-calibre films and artist performances, whose stories examine and celebrate the highs and lows of our shared human experience. Since then, I have led the technical side of things for our Regional Weekend event, as well as our major in-person annual festival spanning eighteen events across five venues.
During my time with HRAFF my contributions have been:
- Integrated a custom Shopify checkout experience with the festival website for purchasing tickets.
- Built an analytics dashboard using Jamstack technology to allow the team to monitor ticket sales in real-time, as well as help in reporting at the close of the event.
- Edited and mixed the film introductions, which included a Welcome to Country, message from the HRAFF team, the artist performance, and other transition elements.
- Improved film accessibility by composing and re-syncing subtitles.
- General visual refinement of the festival website.
I now provide ongoing support for the general technical needs of HRAFF, by helping with everything from website updates to training on password manager use.
“Keegan has generously given endless hours, energy, and expertise to the Human Rights Arts & Film Festival. What started as a general technical support role, quickly and organically evolved into a leadership position that helped our organisation elevate the accessibility of our events — to reduce barriers to participation in our festival — and put our operations above industry standards. In addition, Keegan has brought senior level skills to the development of our online ticketing platform, creating a level of UX that is usually not financially viable for a grassroots arts organisation like ours. Keegan has taken all challenges in his stride and has calmly sought out simple solutions that have had a significant positive impact on our organisation for our audience, collaborators, and team members alike.”— Imogen Thomas - CEO, Human Rights Arts & Film Festival